Tuesday, January 6, 2009


UNDER CONSTRUCTION! Progress is being made on our new family/master bedroom and bath addition! We began brainstorming ideas for all this back in Summer '06 so to see it finally change is amazing! This all has been a learning experience, to say the least, for Kevin and I. I've become somewhat of a general contractor as well as a neurotic, tree hugging home owner. - I'm sure the workers have been warned already that I "speak for the trees" (kind of like Dr.Suesses "The Lorax") since I make sure the huge trucks going in and out don't hit any branches and the roots of our old oak in the back stay in tact. Kevin has been working on bringing in a more efficient air system, windows, and upgrading our old well pump. (Has anyone ever seem the movie MONEY PIT?) No, rehabbing an old farmhouse just has it's challenges, that's all! We are planning on all our friends and family being able to ENJOY the changes we've made here by the summer! Until then, I'll keep you posted on the progress...





The concrete piers and main posts are in.

No comments: