I feel like so much has happened since my last post! I can proudly say that I'm officially on my way to becoming a C.A.P.P.A (Childbirth and Postpartum Professional Association)certified doula! The 2 day training was just a small step towards completing my certification, but now, since I've surrounded myself with postitive, open-minded and educated 'natural birth mama's, the rest of the requirements will be a piece of cake! 3 upcoming births in the next few months!!
Speaking of cake, Momma celebrated her 65th birthday July 31st! We all met at the local pizza place then headed over to Lumiere for an afternoon of slots and Roulette...good times with the ladies! It was so nice to spend an afternoon talking with my mom, aunt and sis. I love my family!
August 20th, Kevin and I celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary (can you believe it's almost been 10 years since we met..gee, I was only 22 at the time...ugh, youth..where have you gone?!) so we took Kyla out to lunch at DeMenil gardens/cafe where we were married. She thought it was fun to see the 'wedding gazebo' and to drink her water from a fancy little glass. She kept asking where she was on our wedding day, but I tried to explain that she wasn't born yet...hard concept to grasp for a three year old! That evening we enjoyed fondue at The Melting Pot on Delmar. ---a memorable, much needed, relaxing day!
Mom with her grandkids
Wouldn't you know that Diana would have her "suck up" shirt on. LOL!
Over the summer both Kyla and Ash seemed to have grown so much! I'm thinking it had to do with all the sun exposure and watermelon we endured poolside. I have to admit, having the pool open and ready this year, ROCKED! Kyla's a little mermaid; swimming, floating on her back, going under, kicking her arms and legs, jumping of the side, etc. Even Asher would 'jump' off the edge into the pool(and my arms) and laugh! --See above photo..everytime I take him to the edge he anticipates whats coming and gets this little grin on his face.--ugh, he is so going to be a flirt, dimples and all!
Little Miss Kyla, every single day I'm writing down something funny that comes out of her mouth, such funny quotes and observations. Here are just a few off the top of my head:
"Mama- that guy doesn't have any kids..he needs to buy some."
"Why do people have butt-cracks?" (observations while bathing with brother)
"Asher doesn't use 'nippies' he uses you." (yes, he still nurses)
"Asher needs to stop his screamin' before our heads break." (headache)
"Mama, what's his/her number?" (how old someone is)
"that lady has a funny bootie!" (bigger lady, wearing a white, short, skirt-bending over to grab a bag of potato chips (what else)-LESS than 2 feet away from Kyla's 'toddler voice.'--I wanted to hide!)
Ahh, napping babies...this is one of my favorite photos, this is a rareity since Ash isn't a 'sleeper.' Don't they look so much alike?(eyes, and pouty lips...Asher just needs some hair.)
No comments:
Post a Comment