Monday, June 27, 2011

Checklist

This summer I made a "to do" list. Not a "honey-do" list, not a list of all the things around the house that need done, a summer FUN to do list, a list of experiences rather, for the Krimmel family to enjoy, together, over the course of the next few months. I suppose signing Kyla up for "REAL preschool (Montessori-3 days a week, half days) made me realize just how fast these precious days of summer fly by. Yes, we always enjoy this time of year, but I wanted to step out of the box a bit and make this summer more meaningful, not just local park, lunch picnics, and swim days.


So here ya go-



Accomplished: A day downtown- check, baseball games-check, fishing-check, Soulard Market-check, Forest Park/Zoo/Muny-check......Still to do: Grant's Farm, peach picking, RV trip, camping (Kyla style-meaning pitching a tent in the back yard and sleeping in it...ha!)




I'm thinking every season should start with a nice "to do" list, just to keep us exploring.








Asher comes in closer for a better look at the camera before snatching it with his sandy hands









Kyla dresses up in my old handmade "little house" dress. Now all she needs is a good run in the rolling fields of tall grass..








Since giving her "nips" (pacifiers) to baby Larry, naps have been few and far between. During her "rest time" (when Asher is sleeping and she's suppose to relax/ play quietly) she decided to scour my closet for a sleeveless dress (using a hair tie to cinch the back), fancy necklace and high heels to wear to an afternoon tea/watermelon party.










Zoo day-goal this trip- ride train, see bears, visit primate house, eat lunch and leave before any of us (parents included) hit melt-down mode---success.










Butterfly face--ever since Kyla had her face painted at the Earth Day Festival (that day she was a doggie) she's been asking me to paint her face like a butterfly. It took me a good 15-20 minutes to paint, she admired herself in the mirror for 2 minutes, then had it washed off in less that 5 minutes of swimming.







I asked her the next day if she wanted to paint her face like an animal before heading out to the zoo. She giggled and said, "NO WAY-I don't want them to lock me in a cage!"











Cousin Mia came over to soak in some sun! She also taught little Miss how to do a forward flip in the water! Good times!
















As a little girl I have fond memories of fishing with my brothers. I loved waking up early, heading out before the sunrise, breathing in the cool crisp air, enjoying the outdoors-just being with my brothers. So when Kyla asked to go fishing, I knew just what to do...














We headed to a small lake and caught bluegill like they were going out of style. Kyla caught 5, Asher 2...all in about 15 minutes.





















It's not too often you get to play with a whole litter of spunky little pups!




















Popsicles on the porch= summer!













"Ash, give me a cheesy smile!"...any day now his smile will be full...5 teeth are trying VERY hard to make their appearance! Yes, 5...all at once...sigh....









Drinking water straight from the hose in nothing but your princess undies-not on the summer fun to do list, but should be!









































No comments: